Java Software Engineers
Genohm is a software company with offices in Ghent (BE), Lausanne (CH) and Durham (NC, USA). Our main product, SLims, is a software platform for managing all information in a laboratory. It is an all-in-one complete package which allows our customers to track samples and interact with lab equipment. It offers full data lifecycle management. Our solution is currently used by over 60 labs worldwide, from small research facilities up to large governmental institutions which manage millions of samples and results. SLims is a web application built on a Java software stack.
To strengthen our core development team in Ghent we are looking for two passionate
- As a Java Software Engineer you are a core developer, responsible for inventing and implementing new features, and for permanently improving our platform.
- Like all our employees, you can voice your concerns and ideas, as we consider listening to our own team as important as listening to our customers.
- As a Java Software Engineer you concentrate on your core task, while we reduce the administrative part of your job to a bare minimum.
- You have a degree in software engineering or equivalent.
- As a Java Software Engineer it goes without saying you live and breathe Java.
- You are eager to learn and stay on top of the most recent developments in the exciting field of software.
- You are an independent worker with a good sense of initiative and a hands-on approach.
- As a Java Software Engineer you value readable, maintainable code.
- Spring, Hibernate, Git, Gradle, Groovy, (Smart)GWT, Vaadin and Python are just some of the technologies we use, and we would love to hear you talk about your experience with one or more of them.
- At Genohm you will be working in a young and dynamic start-up company that has been growing at an amazing speed, yet remains flexible.
- Apart from a competitive salary in line with your experience, your remuneration package comprises fringe benefits such as a company laptop and internet subscription, hospitalisation insurance, luncheon vouchers, and a railroad season ticket or company bicycle.
- You can find us at a really cool location near public transport and the city centre of Ghent.
- And how many offices do you know that have access to a rooftop terrace with a jeu de boules (game of bowls) court and a swimming pond? No, we are not kidding!