The brand Sumitomo Drive Technologies stands for an established global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of precision drives, standard drives, custom drive solutions, and industrial gearboxes. As part of Sumitomo Heavy Industries (SHI), Japan, and the company’s Power Transmission and Control (PTC) division, Sumitomo (SHI) Cyclo Drive Germany and Hansen Industrial Transmissions offer almost 90 years of drive technology know-how.
With production locations in Markt Indersdorf near Munich and Edegem near Antwerp and subsidiaries in Germany, Benelux, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, Turkey, Great Britain, and India we serve the EMEA market (Europe, Middle East, Africa) plus India.
- As Sales Engineer you are the person within our team who supports the external sales and customers of a certain region that is assigned to you.
- You deal with requests for gearboxes, both technically and commercially, and offer your support to the sales staff in selecting a box.
- As Sales Engineer you process the technical information of an order and assume responsibility for the necessary calculations and designs. If those differ from the existing standard product, you make a customer oriented custom design in order to visualise the perception of the order.
- You pay attention to cost-effective design, safety aspects and the dynamic conduct of mechanical machines in general.
- As Sales Engineer you are responsible for your own projects from reception of the order until such time as it has been correctly and timely delivered to the customer.
- You have a Master of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- As Sales Engineer you have an analytical, communicative and commercial mind-set.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch and you have a good basic knowledge of English. Knowledge of German and French is an asset, but not compulsory.
- Your studies and/or working experience provided you with a good knowledge of couplings, drives and gearboxes.
- As Sales Engineer you are a good team player.
- You can work fluently with AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
- Sumitomo Drive Technologies offer an excellent opportunity to start your career in procurement in an international organization that is a well-established player in its field, with a lot of opportunities to grow and develop.
- We have an informal company culture, where continuous improvement, teamwork, customer focus and respect are key.