Junior IT Support Engineer
VASCO Data Security is a global leader in trusted security with two-factor authentication, transaction data signing, document e-signature and identity management solutions designed for all businesses and government agencies.
VASCO also secures access to data and applications in the cloud and provides a robust toolset for application developers to easily integrate security functions into their web-based and mobile applications. More than 10,000 customers in 100 countries rely on VASCO to secure access, manage identities, verify transactions, simplify document signing and protect high value assets and systems.
The Junior IT Support Engineer is responsible for a continuous optimal availability of computer- and communication systems for VASCO Data Security. He/she achieves this through active assistance with the implementation and maintenance of VASCO’s worldwide infrastructure and IT policies.
The Junior IT Support Engineer will install clients and support the ICT infrastructure, focusing on the local and remote networks, the VPN and all other tools which enable the external voice and data communication for VASCO employees .
Devices and solutions include all data communication devices and solutions, the telephone systems, cell phones and Blackberry.
In the “non-home locations”, desk-site support will be performed through (internal and external) service providers, which will be supervised by the IT Systems Engineer for the region EMEA.
The IT Support Engineer – Junior is responsible for:
- Registering the calls in the IT monitoring tool according to the agreed procedures
- Answering support calls by mail, phone, etc. and providing local support to VASCO employees (hard/software)
- Following up on the incidents until their resolution or their closing (including communicating the solution to the user)
- Acting as a reference for his colleagues, sharing the information with the other team members and IT management
- Installing client software and operating systems
- Supporting Microsoft Windows/Linux/Mac OS client operating systems/Office applications
- Setting up and maintaining users (Active Directory, Air Watch...)
- Identifying infrastructural needs through listening to user requests, pro-active monitoring and following advice of the IT Infrastructure Security Manager.
- Report infrastructure needs to the Head of Global IT Services to establish requirements for new systems and/or modifications.
- Monitoring the daily performance of the local and worldwide IT infrastructure.
- Managing projects for the region as well as in the local site to implement new tools, policies and/or procedures following the global IT Strategy, IT Security Standards and Enterprise Architecture.
- Supervising and coordinating external parties engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing hardware, data-communication equipment and software in cooperation with the IT system engineer.
- Proposing and overseeing the implementation of modifications of commercial programs for internal needs in close cooperation with the Head of Business Applications.
- Conducting office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, (system/disk) space design and cost comparison analysis.
- Preparing evaluations of software or hardware, and recommending improvements or upgrades to the IT system engineer.
- You obtained a Bachelor IT or similar through experience
- Required technical knowledge:
- Extensive practical knowledge of Windows 7,10/Mac OS/2008/2012 and Linux;
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory
- Good knowledge of MS SQL, IIS, Exchange 2010/2013, SharePoint
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, VLAN, switching, routing and network topology.
- Knowledge of telephony systems (Siemens, Cisco, Asterisk, Skype)
- Good knowledge of firewalls
- Good knowledge of VMware Vsphere / vCenter
- Fluency in English and Dutch (spoken and written) is a must.
- You are a team player, although also able to work independently.
- You are prepared to go to the limit to solve deep technical problems
- Willingness to join a 24x7 availability program (intermitted)
- VASCO offers you a challenging position within a stable and international environment.
- You will join a team of experts who are willing to share their knowledge with you.